Hoffman Estates, Ill. – September 20, 2017 – In partnership with the Collision Repair Education Foundation (CREF), six collision repair students were awarded the Fix Auto USA-Tim Clark Memorial Scholarship. Winners were selected from a pool of collision repair students who demonstrated a passion for learning and an affinity for the industry. Winners were chosen by the CREF selection committee.
Tim Clark, previously a key executive at Fix Auto USA and 37-year veteran of the industry, passed away in January, 2015 of a brain tumor. Always a strong advocate for continued education, he encouraged others to seek out the kind of higher purpose in life to which he, himself, was committed. He also understood the need for a steady stream of qualified technicians and refinishers, a goal which he hoped the scholarship would promote.
Each winner received $1,000 that can be used for school tuition, books, and tools.
This year’s scholarship winners include:
- Jakob Church of the Manhattan Area Technical College in Manhattan, Kansas
- Ronnie Matney of the Tennessee College of Applied Technology in Paris, Tennessee
- Logan Smith of the Manhattan Area Technical College in Manhattan, Kansas
- Timothy Dodd of Guilford Technical Community College in Jamestown, North Carolina
- Jeffrey Coenen of Southeast Community College in Milford, Nebraska
- Angel Davila of Kennedy King College in Chicago, Illinois
As testimony to his character, the scholarship was initiated at Tim’s direction and with his own capital. From there, the scholarship was overwhelmingly embraced by the entire Fix Auto family, vendors, insurers, and industry colleagues. CREF is accepting donations to preserve the scholarship’s legacy and, also, allow more students access to the education Tim Clark felt was so important. Donations can be made three ways:
- First, through the CREF website (https://53713.thankyou4caring.org/sslpage.aspx?pid=298) by selecting “Fix Auto-Tim Clark Memorial Scholarship” in the dropdown menu.
- Second, by a check in the mail, with “Tim Clark Memorial Scholarship” in the memo field.
- Third, through a text to donate system. Anyone can text “TimClark” to 41444, which will bring up a link to donate.