HOFFMAN ESTATES, IL (February 7, 2018) – The Collision Repair Education Foundation announced that over 1000 students have registered for its first three Spring Career fairs being held in Tampa and Miami, Fla. and San Antonio, Texas during February and early March.
The first career fair is scheduled for February 14 at Hillsborough Community College near Tampa.
“This is the third year for our Spring Career Fair schedule and students continue to respond to the events in record numbers,” said Education Foundation Director of Development Brandon Eckenrode. “The Career Fairs are key components of the Foundation’s mission to support collision repair educational programs, schools, and students to create qualified, entry-level employees and connect them with an array of career opportunities.”
The Education Foundation is partnering with the TechForce Foundation and S/P2 on the high school and college transportation career fair events in 2018. Through these partnerships, the events will bring together collision, auto service, heavy duty, and diesel students but will also help ensure attending students have resumes ready for distribution to the participating employers. The Education Foundation will also play a more active role in facilitating on-site interviews, employment related presentations, and ensuring the students are well prepared for meeting company representatives.
Employers at collision repair facilities, insurance companies and suppliers will have the opportunity during the career fair to take employment applications and interview potential new employees who have participated in collision repair and automotive mechanical repair training programs.
The current spring 2018 schedule includes:
- February 14th – Tampa/Orlando, FL – Hillsborough Community College
- February 16th – Miami, FL – Robert Morgan Education Center & Technical College
- March 1st – San Antonio, TX – Judson High School
- March 16th – Los Angeles, CA – SEMA Headquarters Office
- April 6th – Chicago, IL – Tech-Cor
- April 7th – Phoenix, AZ – LKQ
- April, 13th – Denver, CO – Manheim
- April 18th-19th – Greensboro, NC – North Carolina SkillsUSA State Competition
- April 24th – Atlanta, GA – Maxwell Technical High School
- April, 26th – Boston, MA – Assabet Valley Technical High School
- May 16th – Nashville, TN – TBD
- Dates & Locations TBD: Dallas, TX; Houston, TX
Companies interested in participating in these events should contact Education Foundation Director of Development Brandon Eckenrode at 847.463.5244. The fall 2018 career fair locations and dates will be announced this summer.”
About the Collision Repair Education Foundation:
The Collision Repair Education Foundation, founded in 1991, is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to supporting collision repair educational programs, schools, and students to create qualified, entry-level employees and connect them with an array of career opportunities. For information on how to donate to programs supported by the Education Foundation visit us online at: www.CollisionEducationFoundation.org.