Frederick County Career & Tech Center
The general breakdown of instruction over this two year program is 30% classroom/lecture instruction with the other 70% dedicated to hands on learning in our state of the art Auto Body Shop lab. The first year of instruction revolves around the introduction into the collision repair industry. The student will learn vehicle types-construction-materials and repair, how to use a variety of hand and pneumatic tools, welding and spray gun use, care, and technique. The second year the student will start to focus on their specific area of interest, practicing the skills associated with one of the two I-Car technician designations, Non-Structural Repair or Refinishing Tech.